Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Tue October 1, 2013
Healthcare Exchanges Go Into Effect Today
A key part of the federal Affordable Care Act went into effect today, as people can begin to sign up for insurance on the health care exchanges.
Mark Hall is a professor of law and public health at Wake Forest University. He's studied health insurance markets and policy for 20 years and in 2010 was tapped to help develop part of what's become known as Obamacare. In this discussion with WFDD's Audrey Fannin, Hall describes his role in in the policy development and what people should expect when they begin looking into the online marketplace for health insurance.
Mark Hall also serves on WFDD's Community Advisory Board.