Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
Tue October 1, 2013
Healthcare Exchanges Go Into Effect Today
A key part of the federal Affordable Care Act went into effect today, as people can begin to sign up for insurance on the health care exchanges.
Mark Hall is a professor of law and public health at Wake Forest University. He's studied health insurance markets and policy for 20 years and in 2010 was tapped to help develop part of what's become known as Obamacare. In this discussion with WFDD's Audrey Fannin, Hall describes his role in in the policy development and what people should expect when they begin looking into the online marketplace for health insurance.
Mark Hall also serves on WFDD's Community Advisory Board.