Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Tue October 1, 2013
Healthcare Exchanges Go Into Effect Today
A key part of the federal Affordable Care Act went into effect today, as people can begin to sign up for insurance on the health care exchanges.
Mark Hall is a professor of law and public health at Wake Forest University. He's studied health insurance markets and policy for 20 years and in 2010 was tapped to help develop part of what's become known as Obamacare. In this discussion with WFDD's Audrey Fannin, Hall describes his role in in the policy development and what people should expect when they begin looking into the online marketplace for health insurance.
Mark Hall also serves on WFDD's Community Advisory Board.