Most Active Stories
- 'In God We Trust' Motto To Be Installed On NC Government Buildings
- Neighbors Lobby For More Regulation On Chicken Farms
- Forsyth County Among Worst For Income Mobility
- Playwright Beth Henley, Artist Alexis Lavine, "The Wire", and Composer Tom Hauser
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
Tue February 18, 2014
Helen Simoneau Danse Presents Original Choreography at Hanes Brands Theatre
Helen Simoneau Danse is bringing a program of original choreography to downtown Winston-Salem. It’s a short program with live music—both classical and contemporary—and it’ll feature two dances: a duet that Helen began while attending her company’s recent residency at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York, and “Paper Wings” commissioned by the American Dance Festival. Helen says “Paper Wings” was originally choreographed for 19 students. She’s since restaged the work for 11 professional dancers.
On Thursday, February 27th and Friday the 28th Helen Simoneau and her company Helen Simoneau Danse will present two of Helen’s original choreographies with original music by Andy Hasenpflug, and Johann Sebastian Bach, his Sonata for violin and harpsichord performed live by Mallarme Chamber Players. The dance concerts begin at 7:30 in the Hanesbrands Theatre in downtown Winston-Salem.