Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Tue February 18, 2014
Helen Simoneau Danse Presents Original Choreography at Hanes Brands Theatre
Helen Simoneau Danse is bringing a program of original choreography to downtown Winston-Salem. It’s a short program with live music—both classical and contemporary—and it’ll feature two dances: a duet that Helen began while attending her company’s recent residency at the Baryshnikov Arts Center in New York, and “Paper Wings” commissioned by the American Dance Festival. Helen says “Paper Wings” was originally choreographed for 19 students. She’s since restaged the work for 11 professional dancers.
On Thursday, February 27th and Friday the 28th Helen Simoneau and her company Helen Simoneau Danse will present two of Helen’s original choreographies with original music by Andy Hasenpflug, and Johann Sebastian Bach, his Sonata for violin and harpsichord performed live by Mallarme Chamber Players. The dance concerts begin at 7:30 in the Hanesbrands Theatre in downtown Winston-Salem.