Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Wed February 20, 2013
High School Student Dies After Basketball Game
A student at a private school in Greensboro died last night after collapsing during a basketball game in Winston-Salem on Tuesday night.
David Tomlin, the Head of New Garden Friends School, said in a statement, that 17-year-old Josh Level, a junior at the school, died at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center. He collapsed during the basketball game at Quality Education Academy. No further details were released.
Lore Farriss, the Director of Advancement at New Garden, told WFDD News Wednesday morning that counselors were on hand at the school to talk with the students, and to help them cope with the loss.
New Garden Friends School is an independent Quaker school, with students from preschool through 12th grade. According to the school website, it has an enrollment of about 280.