Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Fri July 11, 2014
Highway Project Could Pave the Way For More Growth in Triad's Aviation Industry
In what transportation officials have been planning for decades, construction is underway in northwest Guilford County on an expensive stretch of interstate highway that holds the promise of further boosting the Triad’s growing aviation industry.
It’s quite possible that in a few years, you will be driving along the new I-73 near the airport when a massive Boeing jet taxis above you on a bridge crossing the highway.
The Triad Business Journal’s Katie Arcieri writes about this important construction project this week and its implications for economic development. She explains to WFDD contributor Justin Catanoso why some officials at Piedmont Triad International are calling the project a “game changer”.
Katie Arcieri is a reporter with the Triad Business Journal. To read her story this week and more breaking business news from the region, go to The Business Journal online at triad.bizjournals.com.
Justin Catanoso is director of the Journalism program at Wake Forest University and a regular contributor to 88.5 WFDD.