Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Tue July 16, 2013
Igudesman and Joo Bring Music Lovers Together Through Humor
Imagine the intersection of Mozart and Monty Python, or South Park and Johann Sebastian Bach and you pretty much have Igudesman and Joo.
That’s virtuoso violinist Aleksy Igudesman and virtuoso pianist Hyung-ki Joo. Their goal is to captivate audience members and crack them up whether they’re classical music buffs or the types of folks who run for cover at the mere mention of Beethoven. Igudesman and Joo joined Dmitry Sitkovetsky and the Greensboro Symphony in Westover Church in Greensboro for a concert titled Big Nightmare Music. Coming up in October, sultry singer Hilary Kole opens the new GSO POPS season performing “For Your Eyes Only.” The legacy of 007 comes alive with music from five decades of Bond films. Igudesman and Joo spoke with David Ford by phone from their studios in Austria.