Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Fri June 20, 2014
Increase in Manufacturing Jobs Helps Revive Davie County
Wisconsin-based Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. announced in 2012 that it would open an $80 million distribution and manufacturing facility in Davie County that would create 550 jobs. But a series of delays and obstacles prevented the project from moving forward for a year.
In this week's Business report, WFDD's Keri Brown interviews reporter Katie Arcieri about her cover story in this week’s Triad Business Journal. Arcieri finds out how Davie County landed the Ashley plant and how it almost lost the deal before it ever got there.
To read Katie Arcieri’s story and more breaking business news from the region, go to the Triad Business Journal online at triad.bizjournals.com.