Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Fri June 20, 2014
Increase in Manufacturing Jobs Helps Revive Davie County
Wisconsin-based Ashley Furniture Industries Inc. announced in 2012 that it would open an $80 million distribution and manufacturing facility in Davie County that would create 550 jobs. But a series of delays and obstacles prevented the project from moving forward for a year.
In this week's Business report, WFDD's Keri Brown interviews reporter Katie Arcieri about her cover story in this week’s Triad Business Journal. Arcieri finds out how Davie County landed the Ashley plant and how it almost lost the deal before it ever got there.
To read Katie Arcieri’s story and more breaking business news from the region, go to the Triad Business Journal online at triad.bizjournals.com.