Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Fri November 1, 2013
Iranian Hard-Liners Plan 'Grand Day Of Death To America'
Originally published on Fri November 1, 2013 6:46 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
We've gotten used to seeing rallies in Iran where protestors chant death to America. But even before the new president's charm offensive, that slogan had waned, so much so that some hard-liners are planning a Grand Day of Death to America: Monday, the anniversary of the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in 1979. And Revolutionary Guards promise the slogan will once again echo across the nation.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.