Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Tue June 10, 2014
Irish Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist Andy Irvine to Play in Winston-Salem
The Fiddle and Bow Society has been bringing outstanding traditional and contemporary folk artists to the Triad for 33 years. That tradition continues this weekend when one of the most important members of the Irish music revival makes a rare appearance in Winston-Salem. Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and founding member of many seminal bands Andy Irvine will perform in the intimate confines of the Community Arts Cafe. The performance in downtown Winston-Salem on Friday night, June 13th begins at 8:00 PM. The Irish Times describes Andy as “Often copied, never equaled”, and the Sydney Morning News says “His playing is never less than breathtaking”. It was in the Australian Outback that the Woody Guthrie devotee recorded his new CD "Parachilna". In today's show we sample from his rendition of I Wish I was In Belfast Town.