Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Tue June 10, 2014
Irish Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist Andy Irvine to Play in Winston-Salem
The Fiddle and Bow Society has been bringing outstanding traditional and contemporary folk artists to the Triad for 33 years. That tradition continues this weekend when one of the most important members of the Irish music revival makes a rare appearance in Winston-Salem. Singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and founding member of many seminal bands Andy Irvine will perform in the intimate confines of the Community Arts Cafe. The performance in downtown Winston-Salem on Friday night, June 13th begins at 8:00 PM. The Irish Times describes Andy as “Often copied, never equaled”, and the Sydney Morning News says “His playing is never less than breathtaking”. It was in the Australian Outback that the Woody Guthrie devotee recorded his new CD "Parachilna". In today's show we sample from his rendition of I Wish I was In Belfast Town.