Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Fri April 4, 2014
Jessica Lea Mayfield Plays Phuzz Phest and Anticipates Release of New Album
Jessica Lea Mayfield has a distinct, unforgettable voice, and this weekend she’s bringing that voice to the Triad for Phuzz Phest. Mayfield’s musical journey (which began at the age of 8) has taken her from alt-country to alt-90s, and now she’s made the album she says she’s always wanted to create. Make My Head Sing comes out on April 15th from ATO Records. She’s touring with the same 3-piece line-up featured on the album – Jessica on guitar and vocals, her husband Jesse Newport on bass, and Matt Martin on drums. You can hear them at The Garage on April 5th at 11:40pm. Jessica spoke with Bethany Chafin by phone.
To hear the first track ‘Oblivious’ from her new album, Make My Head Sing, click here.