Most Active Stories
- After Reynolds/Lorillard Merger, Many Questions Remain
- What The Supreme Court's Decision On Same-Sex Marriage Will Mean For North Carolina
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- The Love Language, Dmitry Sitkovetsky, and Taylor Brown
Mon May 19, 2014
Jill Abramson Ready to Speak at Wake Forest Commencement Ceremony
Former New York Times Executive Editor will deliver the Commencement address at Wake Forest University this morning (Monday May 19.)
Abramson was abruptly let go from her position at the Times last week, and this morning's Commencement will be her first public appearance since then.
Wake Forest University President Nathan Hatch said in a statement, "I cannot think of a better message for the Class of 2014 than that of resilience. Jill Abramson's accomplishments speak for themselves, and I am confident she will have an inspiring and timely message for our graduates."
The ceremony will begin at 9:00 AM on Hearn Plaza (the Quad).