Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- The Modern Scribe: John Stevens and the Art of Letterforming
- Country Music Star Scotty McCreery Will Sign Autographs at Lowes Foods in Clemmons
- Reducing Gun Violence, One Bell at a Time
- The Real Home of Christmas
Mon June 24, 2013
The Lindsley Inn: For the Lost and Weary
This pooch uses Facebook to find a new home.
Some people are like magnets and they attract the most unusual things into their lives. This is a very real phenomenon for Steve Lindsley and his family in Mount Airy. Lindsley is the pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Mount Airy. He also lives there with his wife and two sons. Randomly, stray animals find their way to the Lindsley home, which Steve affectionately calls, the Lindsley Inn.
Fortunately they are very fond of how their lives intertwine with the unexpected guests drawn to them. A puppy named Thor was the latest to land in the Lindsley Inn. A few months later he was adopted by a Pfafftown family. Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Lindsley recalls the day he first met Thor.