Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Mon April 21, 2014
Local Artist Laura Lashley Collaborates with Arts Based School on Science-Inspired Mural
If you've ever stopped to check out the bright and mesmerizing mural at 7th and Trade Streets in Winston-Salem or roamed through the jungle of the tiger maze at the Children's Museum, you've experienced the work of local visual artist Laura Lashley. Her acrylic paintings are characterized by vivid color, pattern, movement, and inspiration from nature. Laura is currently working on an ArtSTEM mural project with the 6th graders at the Arts Based School. Their project aims to represent the STEM subjects of science, technology, engineering and mathematics through visual art. Laura stopped by WFDD to talk about her personal work and some of her community projects.
You can see Laura Lashley's work around Winston-Salem in places such as Willow's Bistro, the Children's Museum, at Mary's Gourmet Diner, and on 6th Street (across from 6th and Vine). She will also have a booth at Hoot's Flea Market on May 3rd. The market runs from 12-6pm. The mural she is working on with the 6th graders at the Arts Based School is almost complete.