Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Fri September 27, 2013
Local Bank Branches: Some Disappear, Most Adapt
It's Friday, and for many people, that means it's payday!
That used to mean long lines at the bank or drive-through to deposit or cash the check – but now people are just as likely to use direct deposit or an ATM to accomplish the same thing. Justin Catanoso, contributing writer with the Business Journal, and director of Wake Forest University's journalism program, discusses how technology is changing local bank branches with WFDD's Audrey Fannin.