Most Active Stories
- HondaJet Promises Growth For Emerging Aviation Industry
- Study: Hunger In Greensboro-High Point Worst In Nation
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
- "No Dwelling: Homeless in America", Jerry Douglas, "Heart of Wilderness", and UNCG Spring Dance
- Artist Camilo Perdomo Discusses His Exhibit "Divine Spark"
Fri March 14, 2014
The Long Reach of Dr. Who into the Triad
A vital piece of the internationally acclaimed show, Dr. Who, lives in the Triad. A Radio 101 youth explains where.
For more than 50 years, millions of fans around the world have followed the wild adventures of Dr. Who. He's a time traveling alien who battles evil in the galaxy. The BBC television series also has a new fan in Josh Breakstone, a sophomore at Reynolds High School in Winston-Salem.
Breakstone proudly calls himself a 'Whovian'. He's also part of WFDD's Radio 101 education program. It teaches high school students journalism skills so they can engage more with their community. In his Radio 101 essay, Breakstone explains how Dr. Who helped to transport him to a new world.
This story was produced by Breakstone with assistance from Radio 101 Instructor Lopa Shah and WFDD senior producer Kathryn Mobley. WFDD’s Education Initiative Coordinator is Greg Keener.
Hear this and more student produced stories online at wfdd.org. You can hear this story again Saturday, March 22 at 8:34 a.m. on WFDD.