Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Conversations On Jazz: Marcus Miller And David Sanborn Come To The Triad
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
Fri February 7, 2014
For the Love of Roger Landry
Tragedy prevents one 19th Century couple from expressing their heart-felt devotion for each other.
Friday is February 14, Valentine's Day. In 2013, Americans spent about 18.6 million dollars on heart-shaped candies, dark chocolate, cards and other merchandise.
As WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Richard Groves ponders this holiday, he’s reminded not all lovers can seal their admiration with a kiss. Minister Groves is retired from the pulpit of Wake Forest Baptist Church at Wake Forest University. Now he’s teaching religion and philosophy at High Point University.