Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Why So Many Shark Attacks? Expert Says There's Many Possibilities
Fri February 7, 2014
For the Love of Roger Landry
Tragedy prevents one 19th Century couple from expressing their heart-felt devotion for each other.
Friday is February 14, Valentine's Day. In 2013, Americans spent about 18.6 million dollars on heart-shaped candies, dark chocolate, cards and other merchandise.
As WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Richard Groves ponders this holiday, he’s reminded not all lovers can seal their admiration with a kiss. Minister Groves is retired from the pulpit of Wake Forest Baptist Church at Wake Forest University. Now he’s teaching religion and philosophy at High Point University.