Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- Ethnosh Brings People Together Through Food
- Meet the Artist: Saxophonist and Composition Student Anna Meadors
- Molly McGinn, RiverRun, Mary Poppins, Surry Old Time Fiddler's Convention, and Present Continuous
- Molly McGinn Sends "Postcards from the Swamp"
Fri February 7, 2014
For the Love of Roger Landry
Tragedy prevents one 19th Century couple from expressing their heart-felt devotion for each other.
Friday is February 14, Valentine's Day. In 2013, Americans spent about 18.6 million dollars on heart-shaped candies, dark chocolate, cards and other merchandise.
As WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Richard Groves ponders this holiday, he’s reminded not all lovers can seal their admiration with a kiss. Minister Groves is retired from the pulpit of Wake Forest Baptist Church at Wake Forest University. Now he’s teaching religion and philosophy at High Point University.