Most Active Stories
- Organist Jimmy Jones Performs As Part Of Music For A Great Space
- UNCSA Presents "Guys and Dolls"
- New Leader With Deep Roots Helping Shape Future For High Point Bank
- Environmental Groups Take Legal Action Against Large Factory Farms
- Randolph County Group Opens Consignment Shop to Help Reduce Euthanasia of Adoptable Cats & Dogs
Fri February 7, 2014
For the Love of Roger Landry
Tragedy prevents one 19th Century couple from expressing their heart-felt devotion for each other.
Friday is February 14, Valentine's Day. In 2013, Americans spent about 18.6 million dollars on heart-shaped candies, dark chocolate, cards and other merchandise.
As WFDD’s Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Richard Groves ponders this holiday, he’s reminded not all lovers can seal their admiration with a kiss. Minister Groves is retired from the pulpit of Wake Forest Baptist Church at Wake Forest University. Now he’s teaching religion and philosophy at High Point University.