Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Wed July 23, 2014
Meet the Artist: Composer and Educator Chris Heckman
“Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Founder and Artistic Director Gary Taylor received national recognition winning the prestigious Regional Dance America National Choreographic Commission Award for his ballet “Temptation”. His ballet “Dracula” brings the classic story to life with a modern twist. It's scored with original music by UNCSA Film Music Composition head Chris Heckman, and it’s told from the viewpoint of the Count himself.
Chris Heckman has collaborated with legendary film score composer Danny Elfman and his recent credits include the acclaimed video game Red Dead Redemption and the award-winning short film, The Perfect Gentleman. He was joined by Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Founder and Artistic Director Gary Taylor. Their artistic collaboration Dracula premiered last fall in Hanesbrands Theatre in Winston-Salem.