Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Wed July 23, 2014
Meet the Artist: Composer and Educator Chris Heckman
“Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Founder and Artistic Director Gary Taylor received national recognition winning the prestigious Regional Dance America National Choreographic Commission Award for his ballet “Temptation”. His ballet “Dracula” brings the classic story to life with a modern twist. It's scored with original music by UNCSA Film Music Composition head Chris Heckman, and it’s told from the viewpoint of the Count himself.
Chris Heckman has collaborated with legendary film score composer Danny Elfman and his recent credits include the acclaimed video game Red Dead Redemption and the award-winning short film, The Perfect Gentleman. He was joined by Winston-Salem Festival Ballet Founder and Artistic Director Gary Taylor. Their artistic collaboration Dracula premiered last fall in Hanesbrands Theatre in Winston-Salem.