Most Active Stories
- Tiny House Expedition Holds Community Showcase, Pop-Up Park, and Party Before Hitting the Road
- Songs of Water, Tiny House Expedition, Bio Ritmo, and Peppercorn Theatre
- Could A New Skyscraper Spring Up In Greensboro?
- North Carolina Religious Exemption Bill On Marriage Now Law
- Marriage Bill, Religious Freedom An Uneasy Mix With Businesses
Fri March 14, 2014
Meet the Artist: International Recording and Performing Artist Sonya Henderson
Sonya E. Henderson’s path to becoming an independent international recording, performing and songwriting artist is a long and unique one. The Winston-Salem native first exploded on the scene in her early teens as a dominant force on the North Forsyth High School women’s basketball team. She became one of the first African American women to be offered a full basketball scholarship to Wake Forest University where she received her B.A. in Mass Communications & Theatre Arts. After fulfilling her one year contract to play professional basketball in the South of France, Sonya returned to the states, and that’s where our story begins.
David Ford chatted with independent recording and performing artist songwriter Sonya E. Henderson. We’ve been sampling from her new CD “Dimensions of Love [Xtra]”. Sonya is involved with non-profit organizations that support anti-bullying, and those suffering from mental illness. She’s begun her own non-profit called “Never Stop Dreaming INC”, to mentor young people and help develop their own inherent gifts.