Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Meet the Arts Nonprofit: Arts for Life
Tue June 17, 2014
Meet the Artist: Pianist Myron Brown
Last fall, as part of its Classics Series, the Winston-Salem Symphony presented a performance featuring the Concerto for Piano No. 19 in F Major, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The guest pianist was Dr. Myron D. Brown of Winston-Salem State University. Dr. Brown earned his Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Cincinnati’s College-Conservatory of Music, and he joined the music faculty of Winston-Salem State University in the fall of 2010.
This year the orchestra will celebrate Music Director Bob Moody’s 10th anniversary on the podium there with an action-packed, star-studded 2014-2015 season. It begins in September with pianist sensation Conrad Tao and Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, and in October it’s one of the most celebrated musicians in our time: cellist Yo-Yo Ma. Single tickets for that performance go on sale August 1st.