Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Tue June 17, 2014
Meet the Artist: Pianist Myron Brown
Last fall, as part of its Classics Series, the Winston-Salem Symphony presented a performance featuring the Concerto for Piano No. 19 in F Major, by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The guest pianist was Dr. Myron D. Brown of Winston-Salem State University. Dr. Brown earned his Doctor of Musical Arts degree from the University of Cincinnati’s College-Conservatory of Music, and he joined the music faculty of Winston-Salem State University in the fall of 2010.
This year the orchestra will celebrate Music Director Bob Moody’s 10th anniversary on the podium there with an action-packed, star-studded 2014-2015 season. It begins in September with pianist sensation Conrad Tao and Rachmaninoff’s Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, and in October it’s one of the most celebrated musicians in our time: cellist Yo-Yo Ma. Single tickets for that performance go on sale August 1st.