Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Video Project Delves into the Art of Sharing
- Closings, Delays, Cancellations: Tuesday November 26
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
Wed April 17, 2013
Meet the Artist: Singer/Songwriter Randy Fulk
From the age of eight, Randy Fulk worked with his family on the tobacco farm where he grew up. During harvest celebrations and on Saturday nights he played guitar and accompanied his Aunt Bessie on banjo and Uncle Joe on fiddle playing old time ballads.
Randy’s high school English teacher first recognized his poetic talent and encouraged him to write. And write he did, scribbling lyrics on any slip of paper available and using his work time on the farm to observe nature as fodder for his songs. Randy released his first solo acoustic album of 10 original songs, Misplaced Passion in 1992, and in 2005 he was honored as the Regional Artist of the Year by the NC Arts Council. We’re sampling from Randy’s 2004 release titled Empty Spaces, and you can hear Randy Fulk live in concert on Saturday evening, April 27 at 7:00 pm at the Foothills Arts Council in Elkin. The concert’s open to the public and it’ll be outdoors on the lawn at the beautiful Foothills Garden.