Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
Mon January 6, 2014
Meet the Artist: Susannah Ravenswing Creates Jewelry and Fine Objects Inspired by Nature
artist Susannah Ravenswing would say “…why of course you can”. For decades Susannah has created fine, hand-wrought jewelry and ceremonial objects. Susannah’s childhood fascination with myths, and ancient history initially drew her toward a career in archeology, and David Ford began by asking her how those early interests eventually found their way into her art.
Artist Susannah Ravenswing creates beautiful hand-wrought jewelry and ceremonial objects made of silver, gold, semi-precious and precious stones, fossils and small carvings of deer antler and fossil ivory. She has been an exhibiting member of Piedmont Craftsmen since 1974.