Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Tuesday March 4, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Mon January 6, 2014
Meet the Artist: Susannah Ravenswing Creates Jewelry and Fine Objects Inspired by Nature
artist Susannah Ravenswing would say “…why of course you can”. For decades Susannah has created fine, hand-wrought jewelry and ceremonial objects. Susannah’s childhood fascination with myths, and ancient history initially drew her toward a career in archeology, and David Ford began by asking her how those early interests eventually found their way into her art.
Artist Susannah Ravenswing creates beautiful hand-wrought jewelry and ceremonial objects made of silver, gold, semi-precious and precious stones, fossils and small carvings of deer antler and fossil ivory. She has been an exhibiting member of Piedmont Craftsmen since 1974.