Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Fri January 17, 2014
Meet the Artist: UNCG's Lawrence Jenkens
Lawrence Jenkens began heading the University of NC at Greensboro’s Art Department in 2010. For decades he’s been fascinated by the art and architecture of fifteenth-century Italy, and he’s taught multiple aspects of Italian art from the late medieval period through the Baroque. David Ford began by asking what changed in Italian art from the 15th to 16th centuries.
The Weatherspoon Art Museum at UNCG has one of the foremost collections of modern and contemporary art in the Southeast. Current exhibits there include Nature in All Its Glory: Selections from the Collection which runs through March 9th and Bugs, Beasts and Blossoms: Japanese Woodblock Prints which will remain on display through April 13th.