Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Fri January 17, 2014
Meet the Artist: UNCG's Lawrence Jenkens
Lawrence Jenkens began heading the University of NC at Greensboro’s Art Department in 2010. For decades he’s been fascinated by the art and architecture of fifteenth-century Italy, and he’s taught multiple aspects of Italian art from the late medieval period through the Baroque. David Ford began by asking what changed in Italian art from the 15th to 16th centuries.
The Weatherspoon Art Museum at UNCG has one of the foremost collections of modern and contemporary art in the Southeast. Current exhibits there include Nature in All Its Glory: Selections from the Collection which runs through March 9th and Bugs, Beasts and Blossoms: Japanese Woodblock Prints which will remain on display through April 13th.