Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
- When Science and Art Become A Thing . . .
Tue July 9, 2013
Meet the Artist: Violinist Kevin Lawrence
Today's guest has been praised for his "assertive style and strong musical personality," and playing that is "supremely convincing in its vitality". Kevin Lawrence is the chair of the string department and professor of violin at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
He has released a CD of the complete violin works of the American composer Arthur Foote, and his most recent release is a compilation of American violin sonatas. In 2004, Lawrence founded the Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival in Burlington, Vermont, where young players from across the country and around the world collaborate with string teachers for a month of music. Kevin spoke with David Ford about the enduring legacy of American composer Arthur Foote.