Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- The Real Home of Christmas
Tue July 9, 2013
Meet the Artist: Violinist Kevin Lawrence
Today's guest has been praised for his "assertive style and strong musical personality," and playing that is "supremely convincing in its vitality". Kevin Lawrence is the chair of the string department and professor of violin at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts.
He has released a CD of the complete violin works of the American composer Arthur Foote, and his most recent release is a compilation of American violin sonatas. In 2004, Lawrence founded the Green Mountain Chamber Music Festival in Burlington, Vermont, where young players from across the country and around the world collaborate with string teachers for a month of music. Kevin spoke with David Ford about the enduring legacy of American composer Arthur Foote.