Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Chocolate Alchemy with Chocolate Maker and Baker Jiliana Dulaney
Fri September 27, 2013
The Music Behind the Ken Burns Documentaries
Jacqueline Schwab has been heard on more than a dozen PBS documentaries by film maker Ken Burns who calls her playing “…insistent, physical, heartfelt and…unusually moving”. You can hear for yourself Friday night, October 4th at 7:30 pm in Presbyterian Church of the Covenant in Greensboro. Jacqueline’s performance will feature traditional Celtic music, Civil War tunes, hymns and spirituals, ragtime, blues and even tango.
Ken Burns’ pianist Jacqueline Schwab's concert Vintage American and Celtic Music for Solo Piano is Friday night, October 4th at 7:30 pm in Presbyterian Church of the Covenant in Greensboro. We’ve been sampling from Jacqueline’s CD Mark Twain’s America and her 2013 release True Blue Waltz. On Thursday night, October 3rd she’ll be in Durham’s Beth El Synagogue, Saturday night at 8:00pm. It’s an evening concert and workshop at Ted’s Fun on the River in Wilmington, and on the 6th it’ll be a solo house concert in Mebane.