Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Fri September 27, 2013
The Music Behind the Ken Burns Documentaries
Jacqueline Schwab has been heard on more than a dozen PBS documentaries by film maker Ken Burns who calls her playing “…insistent, physical, heartfelt and…unusually moving”. You can hear for yourself Friday night, October 4th at 7:30 pm in Presbyterian Church of the Covenant in Greensboro. Jacqueline’s performance will feature traditional Celtic music, Civil War tunes, hymns and spirituals, ragtime, blues and even tango.
Ken Burns’ pianist Jacqueline Schwab's concert Vintage American and Celtic Music for Solo Piano is Friday night, October 4th at 7:30 pm in Presbyterian Church of the Covenant in Greensboro. We’ve been sampling from Jacqueline’s CD Mark Twain’s America and her 2013 release True Blue Waltz. On Thursday night, October 3rd she’ll be in Durham’s Beth El Synagogue, Saturday night at 8:00pm. It’s an evening concert and workshop at Ted’s Fun on the River in Wilmington, and on the 6th it’ll be a solo house concert in Mebane.