Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Tue April 1, 2014
Must Be the Holy Ghost to Perform at Phuzz Phest 2014
Winston-Salem based Jared Draughon has been traveling the sonic seas since high school, playing in all sorts of bands in North Carolina and Brooklyn, New York. His latest musical project finds him playing in a band of one – but lest you think he’s lonely, have no fear – he’s surrounded himself with a wall of amplifiers, a sea of layered vocals, and an army of looping guitars – and he calls it Must Be The Holy Ghost.
The first full length LP from Must Be The Holy Ghost was released today on CD. Lookout for the deluxe multicolored vinyl release in just a few weeks at local record shops. Must Be The Holy Ghost is part of the Phuzz Phest music festival this weekend, April 4th through 6th, and he’ll be playing Saturday April 5th at 8:20pm at Ziggys.
Jared puts on quite a live show, often assisted by psychedelic projected imagery courtesy of Weapons of Mass Projection. He’s playing the Phuzz Phest music festival this Saturday night at Ziggys, and if you’re lucky enough to have a ticket to see The XX tomorrow in Raleigh, Must Be The Holy Ghost is kicking off the show.