Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Mon March 31, 2014
NC Shakespeare Festival Offers Theatrical Training Camps
SummerStage 2014 is the North Carolina Shakespeare Festival’s line up of theatrical training camps. This June and July students from 5 to 17 will learn a wide range of acting skills from dedicated NC Shakes faculty and guest clinicians and then share what they’ve learned during summer showcases. Outreach and Education Director Sherri Raeford interned and studied at Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre in London. She’s joined by NCShakes Teen Theatre participant, Guilford county student Chris Holland.
SummerStage 2014 includes 8 different theatre training options for students aged 5-17. Audition Workshop, Camp Shakespeare with Michael Huie, Jr. Camp Shakespeare, Teen, Junior, and Kids Theatre Camps, Camp Shakespeare with Sherri Raeford, and Creative Dramatics. It’s an entire summer of game playing, story acting, singing, dancing, theatre arts, crafts, making friends, developing new skills and experiencing the confidence that goes with learning.