Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Fri April 12, 2013
NC A & T Lockdown Lifted
The lockdown has been lifted at NC A&T as of 12:25 p.m. Normal activities are resuming on campus. Susan Danielsen is the public information officer for the Greensboro Police Department. She says many of their officers have been released from the site. "This morning, our officers arrived on the scene and began helping the university police go through 10-12 buildings looking for the suspect," explains Danielsen. "We also helped control traffic and secure the grounds outside the student buildings." The siting occurred outside a general classroom buildings on Benbow Road near the Student Union.
According to Danielsen, no shots were fired, there are no reports of injury and the suspect has not been found. Shortly after nine this morning, several NC A&T students in a classroom building on Benbow Road called campus police describing a suspicious man carrying a weapon. Nicole Pride is Associate Vice Chancellor for University Relations. She says the students described the suspect as a black male, 5’11” wearing a dark blue cap, dark blue jacket, blue jeans and a white t-shirt. "We then sent out an Aggie Alert using email and text warning students and faculty of the situation and instructing them to stay indoors where they were," says Pride. The university police then called 911 requesting assistance from the Greensboro Police Department.