Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Video Project Delves into the Art of Sharing
- Closings, Delays, Cancellations: Tuesday November 26
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
Tue September 3, 2013
NC's New Tax and Tag Law In Effect
Tuesday, September 3rd, is the first day of business for a new law that prevents North Carolina motorists from registering their cars until their taxes are paid.
The new law, "Tax and Tag", is now in effect. It requires people to pay their property taxes and registration bills if they want their license plates.
North Carolina has about 8.5 million registered vehicles.
Counties requested the new law because some drivers were delaying paying their bills.