Most Active Stories
- Tiny House Expedition Holds Community Showcase, Pop-Up Park, and Party Before Hitting the Road
- Songs of Water, Tiny House Expedition, Bio Ritmo, and Peppercorn Theatre
- Could A New Skyscraper Spring Up In Greensboro?
- North Carolina Religious Exemption Bill On Marriage Now Law
- Marriage Bill, Religious Freedom An Uneasy Mix With Businesses
Mon December 2, 2013
New Book Explores the History, Culture, and Architecture of Skiing in America
Margaret Supplee Smith has a new book out that explores the history, culture, and architecture around the sport of skiing. The book is titled American Ski Resort: Architecture, Style, Experience and published by University of Oklahoma Press. The beautiful book features hundreds of color images (many of the photos taken by Margaret's husband Jackson Smith) and chapters detailing the rise of and culture surrounding resort skiing. On Saturday, December 7th, Margaret will be signing books at the Winston-Salem Barnes and Noble from 2 to 4pm. Margaret told Bethany Chafin about one of many subjects in her book - the development of Aspen. The book is available on Amazon, at the Wake Forest University bookstore, and through University of Oklahoma Press. Margaret Supplee Smith is the Wake Forest University Harold W. Tribble Professor (of Art), Emerita.