Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Mon August 25, 2014
New River Blues Festival Kicks Off This Weekend
Dancing in a mountain meadow, by an ancient river with the sounds of live, world class blues wafting all around you. That’s the 12th Annual New River Blues Festival this weekend in Grassy Creek, NC, on the shores of the New River. Gates Open at Noon, the music Starts at 1:00pm and it’ll be performed live by another stellar line-up: Johnny Neel, Charlies Sayles & Tony Fazio, Pat "Mother Blues" Cohen, Boo Hanks, & New River Blues festival directors Penny Queen Bee Zamagni and Rob Hound Dog Baskerville. Together they are The King Bees and we’re sampling from them right now.
New River Blues 2014 is this Sunday, August 31st, at the River House Inn, in beautiful Grassy Creek, NC, on the shores of the New River. Gates Open at Noon, with live music from 1-6:00 p.m. It’ll be five full hours of hot blues in the cool mountains, with food provided by Farm to Flame food truck. Advance tickets are 17 bucks, 20 at the door.