Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Thu August 28, 2014
New Zealand-Based Johnny Possum Band Performs in the Triad
Today, the Johnny Possum Band from New Zealand embarks on its 4th US tour. The Johnny Possum Band has played its own unique brand of Americana at venues across the Southeast including Music City Roots in Nashville. This year they’ll be swinging through the Triad with outdoor concerts at Zick's Bar on the upper quad at Wake Forest University on August 30th, and the Muddy Creek Cafe in Bethania. Since 2005 The Johnny Possum Band has transitioned from Bluegrass covers to their latest CD Love & Truth with 8 original songs. Banjo/guitarist/singer/songwriter Sean Whitaker spoke with David Ford from his home studio in New Zealand.