Most Active Stories
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Friday March 7, 2014
- Weather-Related Closings and Delays for Tuesday March 4, 2014
- Your Federal Tax Refund Could Be Delayed
- Guilford County Schools Closed Monday Because of Ongoing Power Outages
- 'Thank God for Gas, Generators & Headlights - Guilford County Residents Struggle Without Power
Mon January 13, 2014
No Rules Theatre Company Invests in New Community Arts Fund
Nonprofit arts organizations typically rely heavily on fundraising to survive. Last November a small theatre company took a large step toward changing the ways in which they raise money in the 21st Century. No Rules Theatre Co. (NRTC), dual-headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC, and Arlington, VA, announced that it had raised more than $100,000 for two things at one time – its own organization, plus a new community arts fund at The Winston-Salem Foundation. No Rules artistic director Joshua Morgan spoke with David Ford about the unique fundraiser and he began by asking him why raise money for non-profits other than his own.
NRTC has created the Nick and Nancy Bragg Arts Fund at The Winston-Salem Foundation. It’s currently worth $30,000, and the money will be used to benefit artists and organizations in the City of Arts and Innovation. The No Rules Theatre Company’s 2014 season begins with The No Rules Show, a zany, madcap variety show directed by Founding Co-Artistic Director Brian Sutow, from April 22 to 27 at Hanesbrands Theatre in Winston-Salem.