Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Concert Will Showcase Pop Music of Winston-Salem
- North Carolina Residents Reflect on the One Year Anniversary of the Passage of Amendment One
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
Mon March 18, 2013
No Rules Theatre Company Presents "Black Comedy"
No Rules Theatre Company has thrown out all the rules when it comes to regional theatre.
The innovative, award-winning dual city theatre company calls both Washington D.C. and Winston-Salem home. No Rules returns for its third big season at the Hanesbrands Theatre in downtown Winston-Salem with "Black Comedy," by Peter Shaffer. The production was a huge hit when No Rules opened it up in DC at the Signature Theatre. It's a fantastic farce about a black-out with a twist - the lighting is reversed, so light is dark and dark is light, and viewers get to watch as people stumble around in the light. There will be several great local guest appearances, as well. “Black Comedy” is directed by University of North Carolina School of the Arts alumnus and Broadway producer Matt Cowart and opens March 22nd at 7:30PM with a 10-dollar Preview Night on March 21st at 7:30PM. It will run through April 7th with weekend matinees at 2PM. Actor, writer and director as well as the Producing Artistic Director of No Rules Theatre Company Brian Sutow recently provided David with a No Rules spring season preview.