Most Active Stories
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Helen Simoneau Danse Begins International Tour
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
Fri February 8, 2013
'Onion' Photo Pokes Fun At Outgoing Energy Secretary
Originally published on Fri February 8, 2013 12:28 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with this headline: "Hung-over Energy Secretary Wakes Up Next to Solar Panel." It's a fake story from The Onion, with a doctored photo showing Secretary Steven Chu in bed with a solar panel. Chu played along. On Facebook, he said he won't confirm or deny the charges, but clarified his recent announcement that he's stepping down is unrelated.
He even gave a plug to the energy source, saying: It's no surprise lots of Americans are falling in love with solar.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.