Most Active Stories
- 'In God We Trust' Motto To Be Installed On NC Government Buildings
- The Winston-Salem Light Project Translates Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon" In Terra Luna
- Residents Claim Duke Energy Planning Coal Ash Dump In Eden
- Artist Camilo Perdomo Discusses His Exhibit "Divine Spark"
- UNCG House To Be Home For Aspiring Entrepreneurs
Mon June 30, 2014
Original Music Showcase at Muddy Creek Cafe
Stopping in for a bite at Muddy Creek Cafe in Bethania is a little like stepping back in time. These days at Muddy Creek, you’ll find visitors hanging out on the porch sampling homemade food, sipping wine and beer from local vineyards, and micro-breweries, and listening to great live music with local bands and singer/songwriters and even the occasional open mic night. This July 4th it’ll be their first annual Original Music Showcase from noon to 10pm on two stages with 14 different bands performing their own original songs including Cloud Mary, Billsfault, Lee & Susan Terry and The Tyler Miller Band. A portion of the proceeds will go to support Habitat for Humanity of Forsyth County. Cafe owner Shana Whitehead spoke with David Ford about the early beginnings of her Muddy Creek Cafe.