Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Fri March 29, 2013
Our State Magazine Editor-in-Chief Elizabeth Hudson Talks North Carolina
You’ve seen it at bookstores and newsstands all over but you probably didn’t know that more than 800,000 people in every state in the union and 42 different countries worldwide enjoy an incredible magazine that just happens to be entirely devoted to North Carolina people, places, history and travel.
It’s Our State Magazine, celebrating 80 years of awe-inspiring photographs and fantastic stories. Our State’s April issue is no exception featuring The New Southern Church Supper, a feature on the North Carolina Zoo, "20 pages of springtime in Western North Carolina", and more. Editor-in-Chief Elizabeth Hudson certainly has her finger on the pulse of Our State. She’s a NC native who grew up in Randolph County. Hudson says so much of what they do in Our State is a part of who she is and how she grew up.