Most Active Stories
- The Power of Service: Inspiring Winston-Salem One Song at a Time
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Greensboro-Based Band Irata Rocks Winston-Salem to Chapel Hill This Weekend
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
Fri July 26, 2013
Part 2: Guest Artist, Soloist Lynn Harrell Plays with the Eastern Music Festival This Weekend
The 52nd annual Eastern Music Festivalin Greensboro continues through this weekend with a tremendous concluding concert by world renowned cello soloistLynn Harrell. On Saturday night, July 27, at 8:00pm on the campus of Guilford College, EMF Music Director Gerard Schwarz will lead his friend, and the Festival Orchestra in a performance of Antonín Dvořák’s Cello Concerto in B minor.
In addition to offering amazing concerts for all audiences, EMF is also one of the most highly sought after summer programs for talented student musicians to study. They rehearse with great masters of their respective instruments and perform intensively at extremely high levels with their peers in orchestras and chamber music ensembles. Longtime EMF guest artist, and educator cello soloist Lynn Harrell spoke with David Ford by phone from his studio in Santa Monica, California.
Also on the EMF program, music by Aaron Kerni, his On Wings of Light, and Scheherazade, Op. 35, by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov. Whether you love classical, jazz, or bluegrass, EMF 2013 has something for you this season.