Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Around the Nation
Thu July 18, 2013
PayPal Glitch Makes Pa. Man Very Rich
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 7:45 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Renee Montagne.
For a moment, Chris Reynolds was the world's richest man. The Pennsylvania resident checked his PayPal account, expecting a zero balance. Instead he found a credit of more than $92 quadrillion. That 17-digit figure did revert back to zero when PayPal corrected the glitch. Still, a guy can dream. As to how he would have spent the money, Reynolds said: Payoff the national debt, then maybe buy the Phillies.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.