Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed March 6, 2013
Pickens, South Carolina is about the size of Lewisville here in the Triad. Almost everyone knows each other and some people can still walk from their homes into downtown. It's a long-time cotton mill town. It is home to late 60's folk-pop star Browning Bryant. And it’s the thread connecting Carol Ann Harris and Loree Armstrong together.
Loree was born and raised in Pickens. She moved away after graduating high school to attend college. Carol Ann also lived in Pickens but experienced it as an adult raising her children. In 2010, these ladies met each other as 'Mount Tabor Lacrosse Moms'. Both of their sons play on the high school team. They describe each other as “new best friends who feel like really old soul mates”. But they never imagined a tiny, southern town would play such a big part in their relationship.
StoryLine gives voice to everyday people throughout our community as they share the experiences that shape their lives.It is a project of the ECHO Network, dedicated to building trusting relationships in our community.