Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- UNC System Braces For State Budget Cuts
- Major Downtown Winston-Salem Development Awaits City Council Decision
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
Tue August 12, 2014
Piedmont Comedians React to Death of Robin Williams
Williams was a global success because he was real, says one Triad comedian.
Alexander Stone was born and raised in Winston-Salem. He grew up watching a lot of comedy movies and one his favorite actors was comedian Robin Williams. Now Stone is walking in Williams' footsteps and does standup routines with Comedy Potluck in Winston-Salem and at colleges across the Carolinas and in Virginia. The 27-year-old tells WFDD's Kathryn Mobley that Williams taught him how to capitalize on being eccentric in one of the most difficult professions. He also believes Williams will always be remembered for his high energy and truthfulness in all of his characters.