Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Radio 101: Student Navigates Three Cultures
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- 'Selma' March Draws Thousands To Winston-Salem
Tue August 12, 2014
Piedmont Comedians React to Death of Robin Williams
Williams was a global success because he was real, says one Triad comedian.
Alexander Stone was born and raised in Winston-Salem. He grew up watching a lot of comedy movies and one his favorite actors was comedian Robin Williams. Now Stone is walking in Williams' footsteps and does standup routines with Comedy Potluck in Winston-Salem and at colleges across the Carolinas and in Virginia. The 27-year-old tells WFDD's Kathryn Mobley that Williams taught him how to capitalize on being eccentric in one of the most difficult professions. He also believes Williams will always be remembered for his high energy and truthfulness in all of his characters.