Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Tue August 12, 2014
Piedmont Comedians React to Death of Robin Williams
Williams was a global success because he was real, says one Triad comedian.
Alexander Stone was born and raised in Winston-Salem. He grew up watching a lot of comedy movies and one his favorite actors was comedian Robin Williams. Now Stone is walking in Williams' footsteps and does standup routines with Comedy Potluck in Winston-Salem and at colleges across the Carolinas and in Virginia. The 27-year-old tells WFDD's Kathryn Mobley that Williams taught him how to capitalize on being eccentric in one of the most difficult professions. He also believes Williams will always be remembered for his high energy and truthfulness in all of his characters.