Most Active Stories
- Wake Forest Baptist Health President Leaving, Restructuring Continues
- Molly McGinn, RiverRun, Mary Poppins, Surry Old Time Fiddler's Convention, and Present Continuous
- Broadcast Of Sunrise Service Dates To The Early Days Of Local Radio
- Tavis Smiley, Diana Greene, Valerie Nieman, Ken Bloom, UNCG Percussion, & Imagination Installations
- Bill Ties Professor's Salaries To Classroom Time
Wed June 11, 2014
Poet Becky Gould Gibson Is Winner of Inaugural Lena M. Schull Book Contest
Award-winning poet Becky Gould Gibson is the author of Heading Home. The book was the inaugural winner of the 2013 Lena M. Schull Book Contest, a Contest run and funded by the North Carolina Poetry Society and the Poetry Council of North Carolina. Upon winning the award, Gibson’s collection was published in 2014 by Main Street Rag Publishing Company of Charlotte, North Carolina. Heading Home is organized into four sections, and Gibson’s work incorporates subjects from the natural world, discusses origin and tradition, and engages readers with playful conversations between historical figures.
Becky will be reading from Heading Home this Thursday, June 12th at Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill, and on June 13th at 7:00pm at Glenwood Coffee and Books in Greensboro. Becky stopped by WFDD to tell Bethany Chafin more about herself and her poetry.