Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Video Project Delves into the Art of Sharing
Thu April 18, 2013
Poet Joe Mills Brings Poetry to the People through the Foothills Arts Council
It's springtime in the foothills, with live poetry readings and music performed in a beautiful outdoor garden.
The Foothills Arts Council is making this little daydream a reality. On Saturday evening, April 27 at 7:00 pm the Council in Elkin brings Poetry to the People first with readings by award winning UNC School of the Arts poet Joe Mills, and then with live music by award-winning singer-songwriter Randy Fulk. Both events are open to the public, they’ll be outdoors on the lawn at the beautiful Foothills Arts Council Garden, and they’re free! Press 53 author Joe Mills has written three books of poetry. The Writer’s Almanac host Garrison Keillor has included selections from Joe’s book Love and Other Collisions on the show. Joe’s new collection of poetry is Sending Christmas Cards to Huck and Hamlet put out in 2012 by Press 53. Joe recites some poetry, and some of the content may not be appropriate for young children.