Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed July 10, 2013
The Potential Danger of Youth Sports
Most children enjoy some form of sports competition. But one specialist says it's hurting many of them.
In the United States, youth sports have grown into a big industry. And fierce competition happens on and off the fields or courts. But in WFDD’s Sports Commentary, one renowned surgeon advocates youth should play a greater diversity of sports. And overall, they should spend less time in rigorous competition.