Most Active Stories
- Dash Pop, The B. Kin Band, Gaurang Doshi, and Christopher James Lees on Triad Arts Weekend
- The Art of Body Painting: Meet Artist Cheryl Ann Lipstreu
- UNCG Historian: Greensboro Bill Defies NC History of Local Control
- Music Director Christopher Lees and UNCSA Symphony Orchestra Present "Russian Fireworks"
- Local Filmmakers Screen "Unmappable" at SxSW
Mon March 25, 2013
Potters of the Piedmont Celebrate First Festival at Earthworks Pottery Studios
It’s happening Saturday, April 6th from 10-4 at Earthworks Pottery Studios—coming up on its one-year anniversary next month—636 south Cedar Street in downtown Greensboro. You can meet and greet the artists and enjoy a huge variety of styles, glazes and pottery techniques and leave your car parked for the duration. The rain date is Sunday, April 7th. Earthworks and the one-stop pottery festival is the brainchild of Jim Rientjes and his wife, potter Molly Lithgo. Jim makes beautiful hand built earthenware pottery for everyday use.
On Friday, Jim will be joined by two potters to talk shop during Triad Arts Weekend: Lorrie Anderson of Moose Hollow Studios creates unique stoneware pieces inspired by her home in the hollow, and Tim Moran of Celtic Pottery Studios specializes in Celtic inspired wheel thrown porcelain with crystalline glazes.