Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Sat June 8, 2013
PETER SAGAL, HOST:
Now, panel, what surprise picture will the government find? P.J. O'Rourke.
P.J. O'ROURKE: Oh, they're not going to find anything as a matter of fact because the system was going great. They're getting just all sorts of terrific horrible images from all of the stuff that we've done. And they're going down through all of us by alphabetical order and they got to Anthony Wiener and it crashed.
SAGAL: Roxanne Roberts.
ROXANNE ROBERTS: They'll discover that the IRS has never finished reading a tax return and never feels guilty about it.
SAGAL: And Tom Bodett.
TOM BODETT: Me and Penelope Cruz and that selfie from the Beach Cafe out on Santa Fe after Cannes. No, wait, you said the internet. That was my imagination.
BILL KURTIS: Well, if the government finds any of those things, we'll ask you about it on WAIT WAIT...DON'T TELL ME!
SAGAL: Thank you, Bill Kurtis.
SAGAL: Thanks also to P.J. O'Rourke, Roxanne Roberts, Tom Bodett. Thanks all of you for listening (unintelligible). I'm Peter Sagal. We'll see you next week.
(SOUNDBITE OF CHEERING)
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
SAGAL: This is NPR. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.