Most Active Stories
- Paperhand Puppet Intervention Presents 15th Annual Giant Puppet Pageant
- Common Core Uncertainty Puts NC Educators in Limbo
- Gov. McCrory: Best to Gradually Reform North Carolina's Medicaid System
- Melody Moezzi's "Haldol and Hyacinths", Arts for Life, Jiliana Dulaney's Haute Chocolate, and Irata
- William Tyler, Clark Whittington of Art-o-mat, Mary Dalton, and Hiss Golden Messenger
Fri February 7, 2014
Press 53's 100th Title, In a World of Small Truths By Ray Morrison
Press 53 is an award-winning independent publisher of poetry and short story collections based in Winston-Salem. It opened its doors in October of 2005 and in 2012 published its 100th title: In a World of Small Truths, by Ray Morrison. Ray spent much of his childhood in Brooklyn, but headed south soon after college, earned his degree in veterinary medicine, and happily settled in Winston-Salem, with his wife and three children. When he’s not writing short stories, Ray ministers to the needs of dogs, cats, and rodents. His fiction has appeared in Fiction Southeast, Word Riot, Night Train, and others. Press 53 founding editor Kevin Morgan Watson has collaborated with writers from newbies setting off on their first book to Pulitzer Prize winners. He’s not big on market trends and publishes writing that hits him at a gut level, like the first tale in Ray’s new book. The powerful short story is titled Laid to Rest, and it comes with a bizarre twist.
You can get lost with Press 53 founding editor Kevin Watson, author Ray Morrison and his new collection of short stories In a World of Small Truths.