Most Active Stories
- Governor McCrory Says NC Teachers Will Receive Pay Increase; Medicaid Expansion Still Uncertain
- Doctor Who Illustrated, NC A&T Choir Live in Studio A, Civil War Monuments, and the Nutcracker
- Many Paths, Only One Leads You Home
- FTCC Offers Free Training for Unemployed, Underemployed and Some Military Veterans
- The Art of Sharing, A Dozen Dresses, Photography of Fred Stein, Edward Steichen and More
Wed September 11, 2013
"Proof of Heaven" Author To Speak at Centenary United Methodist Church
Dr. Eben Alexander has been a practicing neurosurgeon for 25 years. In November of 2008, Alexander experienced a 7 day coma due to an attack of bacterial meningitis. Alexander’s 2012 New York Times Best Selling book, Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife documents his transformative experience. On Tuesday, September 17th, Alexander returns to Winston-Salem, where he was raised, to share his story at Centenary United Methodist Church. The event begins at 7:00pm and is free and open to the public.
In addition to writing and speaking about his experience, Dr. Alexander has established Eternea, a non-profit he co-founded with John Audette to study and share spiriitually transformative experiences.