Most Active Stories
- Rosetta: Space probe drops robotic lander on comet 67P
- Report: NC 4th in Nation For School Shootings Since Newtown Tragedy
- Meet the Artist: Watercolor Painter Alexis Lavine
- McCrory Pushes Tax Credits At Opening For Company That Hasn't Used Them
- UNCSA's "Dying For It," Tiny House Expedition, Jeremy B. Jones, and Piedmont Triad Jazz Orchestra
Thu March 21, 2013
PTI Announces Low Fare, Nonstop Flights to Fort Lauderdale
The Piedmont Triad International Airport in Greensboro will soon offer nonstop flights to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.
Kevin Baker, executive director of the Piedmont Triad Airport Authority, says as of now, Allegiant will offer the Fort Lauderdale flights through the end of summer.
“We don’t have direct service from a low cost carrier to that part of the country right now, and our marketing information shows us that we have a lot of folks that on a daily basis want to get down to the southeast Florida region. This gives them another opportunity for people to travel and it's a low cost carrier,” says Baker.
Airport officials say in January, Allegiant carried 2,500 passengers to Florida destinations from PTI.
The airline is offering a special introductory, one-way fare of $64.99. Tickets must be purchased by midnight on Thursday, March 28, for travel through Monday, Oct. 28, 2013. For more information go to PTILowFares.com .