Most Active Stories
- Pilot Program Invites Triad Residents to Join Residential Composting Effort
- Small WS Independent Pharmacist Challenges Big-Store Goliaths
- Rob Frazier Brings an Evening of Bach to Centenary United Methodist Church
- New Business School at Wake Forest University Set to Open
- Call Centers, Welding Jobs in High Demand
Wed March 6, 2013
A Random Act of Kindness Goes Viral
In early February 2013, Eli Janetis of Florida invited his friends on Facebook to join an event called “A Random Act of Kindness." His friend Matt Scheidt of Winston-Salem accepted the invitation and became the administrator.
Matt joined WFDD’s Keri Brown in the studio and Eli phoned in from Boca Raton to discuss why these monthly events have thousands of people are sharing their stories of kindness.
“A Random Act of Kindness” on Facebook will take place monthly. The next event is scheduled for this Friday.