Most Active Stories
- Unique Greensboro Academy Still Working To Reach Potential
- Amendment One: Unconstitutional, But Probably Here To Stay
- As Same-Sex Marriage Becomes Legal, Opinions In North Carolina Are Mixed
- Live Music at Muddy Creek Café, Delta Arts Center, and Photographer William Christenberry
- Bailey Park Begins New Concert Series With The Love Language
Sun December 8, 2013
The Real Home of Christmas
A Triad woman finds Christmas spirit in one of the poorest places on earth.
This month, the images of Christmas are blasting through malls and over the airwaves. But WFDD's Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Katie Harmon says she discovered the real spirit of this holiday last June in East Africa. Harmon lives in Winston-Salem and is an aspiring writer. She’s also does mission work abroad.