Most Active Stories
- 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships to Take Place in Greensboro
- As Herbalife Opens, Incentive-Makers Learn From Dell Closure
- Dense Fog Advisory Thurday Morning; Schools Announce 2-Hour Delays
- Classical Revolution Brings Mozart to the Bar; First Stop, Gibb's Hundred Brewing Company
- Could Third Time Be a Charm For Hobbs-Friendly Development in Greensboro?
Sun December 8, 2013
The Real Home of Christmas
A Triad woman finds Christmas spirit in one of the poorest places on earth.
This month, the images of Christmas are blasting through malls and over the airwaves. But WFDD's Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Katie Harmon says she discovered the real spirit of this holiday last June in East Africa. Harmon lives in Winston-Salem and is an aspiring writer. She’s also does mission work abroad.