Most Active Stories
- Developer: Demolishing Historic Apartments Will Boost Winston-Salem Neighborhood
- NC Congressional Districts Head Back To State Supreme Court For Review
- In Alison Parker's Hometown, Finding A Way to Move Forward
- Ardmore Supporters Meet To Discuss Neighborhood Redevelopment Plan
- Online Marketing Tool May Improve Patient Centered Care
Sun December 8, 2013
The Real Home of Christmas
A Triad woman finds Christmas spirit in one of the poorest places on earth.
This month, the images of Christmas are blasting through malls and over the airwaves. But WFDD's Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Katie Harmon says she discovered the real spirit of this holiday last June in East Africa. Harmon lives in Winston-Salem and is an aspiring writer. She’s also does mission work abroad.