Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- Military Training Exercises Over Tank Farm In Greensboro
- Master Watercolorist Guan Weixing And SECCA's "Alternative Modernisms" On Triad Arts Weekend
- Regulation, Interest Rates Puts Future Of Community Banks In Question
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
Sun December 8, 2013
The Real Home of Christmas
A Triad woman finds Christmas spirit in one of the poorest places on earth.
This month, the images of Christmas are blasting through malls and over the airwaves. But WFDD's Real People, Real Stories guest commentator Katie Harmon says she discovered the real spirit of this holiday last June in East Africa. Harmon lives in Winston-Salem and is an aspiring writer. She’s also does mission work abroad.