Most Active Stories
- New Funding Promises More Bicycling Options For Winston-Salem
- J. W. Pepper Music Presents "Summer Sacred Choral Showcase"
- Triad To Do: The Fantastic Four, Blueberries, and Beermosas
- Local Textile Company Makes A 'Seamless' Transition To Spur Growth
- As The NC Court Weighs Voucher Program, Families Play The Waiting Game
Fri May 23, 2014
Reynolds American to Add 200 Jobs for E-Cig Expansion
Reynolds American Inc. today announced plans to create 200 jobs as part of its campaign to take its line of electronic cigarettes nationwide.
Reynolds started selling its Vuse line in Colorado last June and expanded to Utah earlier this year. Reynolds CEO Susan Cameron says sales in those markets beat expectations. To meet the expected national demand, Reynolds will add manufacturing jobs and capacity at its Tobaccoville plant.
Cameron says the move represents a response to the changing marketplace for traditional cigarette manufacturers.
Hiring will begin in the next few weeks, and Cameron says the new manufacturing positions will pay an average of about $40,000 per year. No tax incentives will be used to pay for the expansion.